From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dual boot install advice
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 02:33:52
1 Hello,
2
3 Once again, I'm installing several amd64 systems with dual boot XP.
4 I always have to nuke the XP, reformat, leave sda1 for XP and continue
5 on with the install. Since I am installing Gentoo first (amd64 livedcd)
6 is there any things to watch out for, when I go back and put XP on the sda1
7 partition?
8
9 I seem to only get this right about 50% of the time. I guess when I put XP
10 on the sda1 partition, I need to keep it from writing to the MBR, or have
11 a recovery method? Maybe a recovery floppy to restore the MBR if XP writes
12 over it?
13
14 No matter what I try, I seem to have a knack for getting it right on the
15 second or third attempt.
18 comments and advice are welcome. Resizing the XP partitioning (NTFS) without
19 reformatting nevers seems to work for me.
20
21 James
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list