From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Preparing a laptop for sale
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:39:29
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 09:01:38AM -0800, Penguin Lover Grant squawked:
3 >
4 >> New problem: Booted into DSLinux, my HD does not appear so I can't
5 >> wipe it. blkid and fdisk -l only show the USB stick assigned to
6 >> /dev/sda which is how I accidentally wiped it in the first place.
7 >> I'll try another distro on the USB stick.
10 > If DSLinux is what I think it is, it may have been (on hindsight)
11 > rather obvious that it may not support the block device your system HD
12 > is on or the filesystem used. The DS, afterall, has fairly predictable
13 > hardware.
14 >
15 > Something like DBAN or SysResCD will have a better chance of
16 > supporting a wider array of hardware.
17 >
18 > Cheers,
19 >
20 > W
23 I'm not sure if he is wanting to just use this to wipe the drive and
24 then be done with it or what but couldn't he just put the Gentoo CD
25 image on the stick and boot that up? Would that work? It has the dd
26 command I think and would most likely recognize his hardware as well.
27
28 Just thinking. I been into a lot lately and only vaguely recall the
29 purpose of this.
30
31 Dale
32