From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audacious annoyance (special chars)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 23:33:45
1 quoth the Dave Jones:
2 > darren kirby wrote on 04/12/08 23:32:
3 > > I've just noticed that my audacious will not play songs with special
4 > > characters in the filename (ie: acute and grave accents, umlauts,
5 > > cedillas etc) no matter how I try. Needless to say, this is very annoying
6 > > as I have a lot of 'world music' that uses such characters.
7 > >
8 > > Version is 1.5.1-r1, USE flags are: 'chardet nls session sse2'
9 >
10 > The same audacious version played Jethro Tull Bourée and Animalée tracks
11 > fine here. My USE flags are 'nls session sse2'
12 >
13 > Cheers, Dave
14
15 OK, well, I rebuilt audacious with USE -chardet and now it plays these songs
16 fine, however, it has created a new (worse!) annoyance, in that when I select
17 a new song to play whilst one is already playing it spawns another audacious
18 and plays the two songs simultaneously....
19
20 yersh......
21
22 -d
23 --
24 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
25 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
26 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972