From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Virtualbox-5.0.0 [wow!]
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 21:04:13
1 > On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:43:05 -0400
2 > Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:53:43 PM walt wrote:
5 >> > I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing spectacular speed
6 >> > performance with vbox-5.0.0.
7 >> >
8 >>
9 >> No noticeable performance improvement for me using hardware
10 >> virtualization.
13 Also here the paravirtualization additions are not having any
14 noticeable effect on performance (checked with the Windows Experience
15 Index on W8).
16
17 What I am seeing though are various regressions:
18 - fullscreen no longer goes fullscreen (with fluxbox doesn't cover
19 the slit and hides behind toolbar)
20 - weird sound/video problems with youtube (accelerated video, constant
21 popping noises)
22 - doesn't work at all since I updated to the 4.2.0-rc2 kernel
23
24 I had great expectations but so far I'm disappointed.