From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Why busybox?
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 17:54:04
1 Why does portage insist on installing busybox for me?
2
3 As far as I know the only use for it on a desktop system is for
4 initramfs. I have no initramfs, therefore I have no need for busybox.
5 I unmerged it and nothing bad happened except for a warning from portage
6 that it is part of my profile set. I went ahead and ignored the
7 warning.
8
9 But now I updated the tree and emerge -p shows it will be installed
10 again. Why is that? The only reverse dependencies are virtuals which
11 are satisfied in other ways, like virtual/awk. So is it the profile
12 thing? But I have done the same with other profile packages (notably
13 editors/nano) and those are _not_ coming back.
16 Ian