From: Paul Tobias <tobias.pal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gru2-mkconfig tries to read the extended partition ??
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 07:23:13
1 On 23 Jul 2015 02:31, <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 >
3 > My new installation is running well, in particular it boots fine.
4 > However the grub2-mkconfig seems odd.
5 >
6 > It finds linux (all kernels) and the stub windows partition. But then I
7 > get messages that both ext4-fs and FAT-fs have trouble with /dev/sda4,
8 > which is the extended partition. Perhaps the fact that the windows
9 > partitions sda[23] don't really have windows on them yet is part of the
10 > answer??
11 >
12 > Has anyone else seen something like this?
13 >
14 > thanks,
15 > allan
18 Maybe there was another partition on the disk around that location before
19 and the file system signature is still lurking around? Run `wipefs
20 /dev/sda4`, that will show you which signatures are there.