From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice and IDL
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 05:09:24
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 06:14 on Thursday 03 February 2011, Dale did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > Bill Kenworthy wrote:
5 > > I am having problems building openoffice - it gets to the IDL files
6 > > (actual file it hangs on can vary) and seems to crash part of X and the
7 > > build hangs.
8 > >
9 > > Anyone seen this before? - it is happening on only one of my systems and
10 > > I google isnt showing me any similar situations.
11 > >
12 > > BillK
13 >
14 > Since that is a huge package to build, you got enough memory? How about
15 > drive space on portages work directory? May want to check with top and
16 > df to see if one of those is causing problems.
17
18 Also try build with j=-1
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com