From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Virtualbox-5.0.0 [wow!]
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:44:22
1 On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:53:43 PM walt wrote:
2 > Even while slogging through my painful and ongoing update of perl and
3 > friends, I managed to install Virtualbox-5.0.0 and its guest-additions.
4 > (Apparently these two packages don't depend on perl at build-time.)
5 >
6 > I fired up my vbox gentoo guest machine and, of course, I tried to
7 > install the 5.0.0 guest additions kernel modules.
8 >
9 > I got an error message about usb support in the guest kernel, so I
10 > disabled guest usb support (temporarily) with the vbox gui, tried again
11 > and the guest kernel modules installed with amazing speed.
12 >
13 > I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing spectacular speed performance
14 > with vbox-5.0.0.
18 No noticeable performance improvement for me using hardware virtualization.
19
20 The USB issue is because it no longer pulls the extension pack or additions
21 packages as a dependency so you need to add them to your world file. It also
22 fails to compile for me with doc or sdk flags.
25 Fernando Rodriguez