From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: "Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult" <enrico.weigelt@××××.net>, eudev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [eudev] udev alternatives
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 14:26:35
1 On 12/31/14 07:28, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
5 > we're currently having a longer discussion about udev alternatives
6 > @ devuan (*1) ... maybe some of you guys like to join in here.
7 >
8 > one of us is developing an own tool, vdev, which has interesting
9 > features like ACLs based on the callee (it's implemented as an
10 > virtual filesystem). perhaps some of you guys like to have a look
11 > at it.
14 > cu
15 >
16 > *1: https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dng
17 > --
18 > Enrico Weigelt,
19 > metux IT consulting
20 > +49-151-27565287
23 eudev is a stop gap solution. If you look at the notes, there are two
24 major changes that I did not include. As these accumulate with the
25 integration of kdbus, we'll be in some trouble. Probably I would refork
26 based on a refactorization of their code.
27
28 I am currently skeptical of alternatives. I have not seen one really
29 "win the day".
32 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
33 Chair of Information Technology
34 D'Youville College