From: "Enrico Weigelt
To: eudev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [eudev] udev alternatives
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 14:35:32
1 On 31.12.2014 15:27, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > eudev is a stop gap solution. If you look at the notes, there are two
6 > major changes that I did not include. As these accumulate with the
7 > integration of kdbus, we'll be in some trouble. Probably I would refork
8 > based on a refactorization of their code.
9
10 hmm, sounds like a lot of work ... :(
11
12 > I am currently skeptical of alternatives. I have not seen one really
13 > "win the day".
14
15 Do you see any showstopper problems on the currently available
16 alternatives ?
17
18 Maybe you'd like to join our discussion on vdev. It's not stable yet,
19 will still take some time, but we'd like to do an careful engineering
20 here, so any input is welcomed.
23 cu
24 --
25 Enrico Weigelt,