From: Chris Brannon <teiresias@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] How to set up an accessible mate
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 16:58:32
1 Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clcaul@××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I'd like general instructions for setting up a mate environment with
4 > Orca on Gentoo, just as we used to do with gnome. Has someone done
5 > this already? Does installing standard mate bring up Orca as well?
6
7 Looking at mate dependencies in portage, it doesn't appear that
8 installing mate will automatically pull in orca, so you're going to have
9 to do that yourself.
10 There's a blog post describing how to get it running on Arch:
11 http://stormdragon.tk/tag/linux/
12 I don't think anyone has installed an accessible mate on Gentoo yet, so
13 a nice project would be to try installing by adapting the instructions
14 for Arch Linux to Gentoo. I'm vaguely interested in trying this
15 myself. If I do, I'll report back on my findings.
16
17 -- Chris