From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] gentoo x86 minimal cds now have speech and braille
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 00:18:14
Yes, this is the image to download for now.  current-iso  is actually a
symbolic link that points to a directory where the most current
successful cd build is.

The system will beep when you get to a boot prompt.  From there, type a
command like,

gentoo speakup.synth=soft

to bring up software speech.

gentoo speakup.synth=ltlk speakup_ltlk.ser=2

for an ltlk on serial port 2.

gentoo brltty=something

to bring up brltty.

There is more info in the readme on the isoabout the command line
parameters and kernels.

Once we get the dvd set up, we will be working on getting more
documentation together; I will open a bug for that soon.

The other points to remember would be that, when you are doing an
install, you will need to configure the chroot to support speech if you
want it after you reboot.  So, that would mean emerging either espeakup
or speakup depending on which type of speech you want as well as
configuring alsa if you are going to use it on the installed system for
speech or sounds, all before you do the final reboot.

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 08:48:16PM -0300, Cleverson wrote:
> I also wonder, just to be sure, whether the ISO image to grabe is that > from september 1st, install-x86-minimal-20090901.iso? > > Thanks, > Cleverson > > James Homuth escreveu: > > Are there instructions online/elsewhere for enabling speakup support? > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: William Hubbs [mailto:williamh@g.o] > > Sent: September 9, 2009 6:12 PM > > To: gentoo Accessibility > > Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] gentoo x86 minimal cds now have speech and > > braille > > > > > > All, > > > > I am pleased to announce that speakup, espeakup and brltty are now part of > > the gentoo x86 minimal cd, which is automatically updated every week. > > > > To download the iso, go to the following url: > > > > > > > > There, you will find the ISO image for our most recent minimal cd, which > > includes speakup/brltty/espeakup. > > > > Let me know if you have any questions.
-- William Hubbs gentoo accessibility team lead williamh@g.o

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-accessibility] gentoo x86 minimal cds now have speech and braille Cleverson <clever92000@×××××××××.br>