From: Chris Brannon <teiresias@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] How to set up an accessible mate
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:33:46
1 Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@××××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > Has gentoo got a mate-extras package? That's where orca is found in
4 > archlinux if what I read on the support list is correct?
5
6 No, we don't have mate-extra. On Arch Linux, mate-extra is actually a
7 package group, rather than a package. If you install it, it just
8 installs the packages in the group. In any case, orca isn't included in
9 their mate-extra group, so if that's what the "support list" says about
10 Arch Linux, it's wrong.
11
12 Anyway, just install mate and install orca manually. 3.14 should work.
13
14 -- Chris