From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clever92000@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-accessibility <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] No software speech in the last ISO
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:49:40

I just burned the most current iso for my architecture, called
install-amd64-minimal-20101007.iso. When booting, once I heard the beep,
i issued:
gentoo speakup.synth=soft <ENTER>
but got no speech.

Once in the root prompt, I entered alsamixer, and with a sighted
assistance I verified that most channels were muted. I issued m and
right arrow til I unmuted them all, but still no speech.

I issued "espeak -vpt test" and ESpeak has talked aloud as expected, but
the speakup commands didn't work.

Do you have suggestions of commands I could type to try getting speech?
I already tried "modprobe speakup_soft" with no results.

Many thanks.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-accessibility] No software speech in the last ISO Derek Roberts <×××××.com>