From: Derek Roberts <×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] No software speech in the last ISO
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:46:15

I haven't been on gentoo in a while, but I remember this on my last
try. From what I remember, speakup's modules aren't installed
properly. Kinda makes me mad, I've wanted to use gentoo for a long
time (portage ftw!) but I don't have another machine to do an ssh
install from, and I wouldn't need that if the speech would work...

I'll have to play with the latest livecd though and see if I can get
it to do something, but that's what I remember from my last try with
it (early this year I think).

Thanks, Derek Roberts, KJ4UFX.

.i doi .tcikoritys. mi cuxna ba'e do

On 10/19/10, Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clever92000@×××××××××.br> wrote:
> Dear, > > I just burned the most current iso for my architecture, called > install-amd64-minimal-20101007.iso. When booting, once I heard the beep, > i issued: > gentoo speakup.synth=soft <ENTER> > but got no speech. > > Once in the root prompt, I entered alsamixer, and with a sighted > assistance I verified that most channels were muted. I issued m and > right arrow til I unmuted them all, but still no speech. > > I issued "espeak -vpt test" and ESpeak has talked aloud as expected, but > the speakup commands didn't work. > > Do you have suggestions of commands I could type to try getting speech? > I already tried "modprobe speakup_soft" with no results. > > Many thanks. > Cleverson > > >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-accessibility] No software speech in the last ISO Cleverson <clever92000@×××××××××.br>