From: David Mehler <dave.mehler@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo-accessibility@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Gentoo with an accessible desktop
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:05:01
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm a new Gentoo user, getting back in to it for the past two weeks.
4 I've got two Gentoo virtual machines, both running on amd64 hardware
5 and both having console speech with espeak, espeakup, and speakup. Now
6 I'm wanting to take one of them and go graphical with it. My
7 expectation was to go gnome3, but first problem I'm getting some sort
8 of error, see below, and the second issue is one of a UI change, I was
9 expecting an interface like gnome2, which reading posts shows me
10 that's not possible. I know KDE is not accessible, at least the last
11 time I checked about two years ago.
12
13 I'd appreciate any suggestions, I do have a working xorg install so
14 that's not an issue. My goal is desktop, orca, and apps all
15 accessible, I've tried both the standard Gentoo amd64 desktop and the
16 amd64 desktop gnome profile.
17
18 Thanks.
19 Dave.