From: Jon Hood <squinky86@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] default voice for the festival server
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:23:34
1 Yes, mbrola-festival voices with speech-dispatcher can be very hard to
2 do. What you need to try first is cross your fingers and hope that this
3 is now properly supported- add the following to
4 /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/festival.conf:
5
6 AddVoice "us" "male3" "us1_mbrolla"
7
8 or something like (may need a little editing), then go into
9 /etc/speech-dispatcher/speech-dispatcher.conf and tell it to use the
10 male3 voice. This may or may not work and is not gentoo-specific;
11 DISCLAIMER: I have been working at this for a long time without getting
12 anywhere, so 2 people playing around on it now may help out ;).
13
14 -Jon
15