From: Cleverson <clever9@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-accessibility@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] some Reports and Introducing myself
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:46:53
Hello all

I'm totally blind and live in Brazil. I've learned a lot about Linux using
the Oralux Distro, and currently I'm establishing an environment on my
machine to migrate myself from MS-Windows definitively.

Well, I performed a Gentoo installation from Oralux. It was a great chalenge
for me to learn more about how the system works. Now the system is
installed. I'm using the packages Speech-Dispatcher 1.6.1, eSpeak softsynth
1.20 and Speechd-up (don't remember the version; it's the newest available).
I unmasked all the three ones. They seem to have no bugs, are working fine
on my system, so I think you may mark them as stable packages.

For now, I'd like to know if the 2.6.19-r5 gentoo-sources kernel, that's the
one I installed, comes with the newest Speakup version from Speakup CVS. If
not, I wonder if there is any problem trying to patch the kernel from CVS.

"Be realistic; ask for the impossible."

Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
Experimente já e veja as novidades.