From: Colin Morey <peitolm@g.o>
To: admin@g.o
Subject: [Gentoo-admin] Rsync mirrors
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 09:12:22
I'm planning on drawing up a ToR (Terms of Running) for the maintainers
of the rysnc mirrors, putting into writing what we expect from them and
what they can expect from us, to this end i'm looking for some input.
on the technical side, we're looking for a minimal bandwidth of 512k ,
maximum connections based on a ratio of 1 user per 64k of bandwidth
above that.
Updates of 2x an hour, (ideally we'll stagger based on regional times,
but this may not be possible).

all maintainers should provide an uptodate, regularly checked email
address, response times should be next working day, unless RL
circumstances dictate otherwise.(a response of thanks for your email,
i'll get back to you by XX is acceptable), and we will follow the same

What do you all think?

Colin Morey,
Aka Peitolm@g.o