From: Andrew Gaylard <ag@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] alpha newbie question
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:10:58
Nick Smith wrote:

>so what is the next step since dmesg doesnt show the drives? im just >the ID's are correct and not conficting. the machine bios does see >the drives. i havnt figured out a way to get into the card bios yet, >on an intel machine you have the option of hitting F6, nothing like >that shows on the Alpha machine.... > >
This sounds like a SCSI problem. You'll have to check IDs, cabling, termination, host adapter firmware, the whole lot. Try connecting one drive at a time and see what the kernel displays. I've seen a faulty SCSI device prevent the whole chain from working. I doubt that it's a kernel problem, since one drive is detected. If *no* drives were detected, then I'd suspect the kernel. -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list