From: Andrew Gaylard <ag@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] alpha newbie question
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:10:58
1 Nick Smith wrote:
2
3 >so what is the next step since dmesg doesnt show the drives? im just
4 >the ID's are correct and not conficting. the machine bios does see
5 >the drives. i havnt figured out a way to get into the card bios yet,
6 >on an intel machine you have the option of hitting F6, nothing like
7 >that shows on the Alpha machine....
10 This sounds like a SCSI problem. You'll have to check IDs,
11 cabling, termination, host adapter firmware, the whole lot.
12
13 Try connecting one drive at a time and see what the kernel
14 displays. I've seen a faulty SCSI device prevent the whole chain
15 from working.
16
17 I doubt that it's a kernel problem, since one drive is detected.
18 If *no* drives were detected, then I'd suspect the kernel.
19 --
20 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list