From: Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] ebuild update for Xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 04:47:08
1 --- Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > I've seen the issues with mieee I'll add to my
4 > default CFLAGS, might want to
5 > add that to the Alpha Handbook Documentation. I've
6 > seen the ieee problem
7 > mostly with the native compaq compiler though, both
8 > on Alpha-linux and
9 > Tru64.
10
11 In my experience, the problem is not the compiler so
12 much as broken apps. Most of the crashes that I have
13 ever seen and fixed that crashed due to floating point
14 exceptions on Alpha were caused by uninitialized
15 floating point variables.
16
17 Jeff D
23 Do you Yahoo!?
24 Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.
25 http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
28 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list