From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] udev-208 eats CPU
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 23:20:34
1 On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Gaylard <ag@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have just upgraded to the latest build of udev (208) on my Alpha box.
5 > It appears to run at 100% of CPU. When I enable debugging, I get these
6 > lines in /var/log/messages:
7 >
8 > unable to receive ctrl connection: Function not implemented
9 >
10 > This appears to be due to the lack of the accept4 call.
11 >
12 > However, my kernel is gentoo-sources-3.10.7 and my glibc is 2.17,
13 > so I'd expect this call to be there.... Right?
14
15 Yes, as Alan said accept4 has been supported in the kernel since v3.2.
16
17 I'm running udev-208 on a couple of alphas without trouble, so this
18 problem should be fixable.
19
20 Is it possible that your glibc was built against linux-headers older
21 than v3.2? Seems unlikely, but it's probably the first thing I'd
22 check.