From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] nouveau question
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:22:18
1 I found a cheap SCSI drive and got my other PWS500a (el segundo) to
2 work. I put my nVidia card in and made a kernel with a built-in nouveau
3 driver. The nouveau framebuffer console works fine.
4 Gentoo refuses to acknowledge VIDEO_CARDS="nouveau" on my alpha. I see
5 how USE flags can be masked in profiles, but I don't know how video
6 cards are masked. I'm sure someone could tell me quicker than I can
7 figure it out myself.
8
9 Is nouveau being prevented because alpha can't run it?
10 Am I missing some obvious answer?
11
12 Adios, DW