From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] emerge gentoo-sources fails
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 19:12:10
1 Dear Alpha list,
2
3 My hard drive crashed, so I'm trying to reinstall from scratch.
4 When I get to the emerge gentoo-sources step, it seems to go all the
5 way, then ends with a status 1 exit message.
6
7 The log files do not indicate the reason for failure, just that it
8 happens.
9 During the installation, it throws up some errors about econfdir and
10 /dev/fd/62 doesn't exist (I don't have it written down handy). I'm
11 thinking that happened before (when it worked) and didn't matter.
12
13 I have tried several times. I've wiped the drive between tries, changed
14 my mirror list, changed profile... no luck.
15
16 I looked at the file date for the kernel source on a mirror. It's
17 pretty old, so it should be the same as what worked before.
18 I'm wondering about the ebuild, but I don't how such things work. It
19 worked fine a couple weeks ago.
20
21 Any suggestions about how to figure out the problem?
22
23 I imagine that emerging gentoo-sources is best, but could I just
24 download a 3.7.10 tgz file from www.kernel.org and make one that way?
25
26 Adios, DW