From: Matt Michalowski <me@××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] emerge autoconf-2.61-r1 fails
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:28:08
1 Marshall McMullen wrote:
2 > *sigh* Well, I can't install m4 because it requires autoconf and
3 > automake, but I can't install autoconf and automake because they
4 > require m4. This sounds like a pretty nasty situation.... why does m4
5 > require autoconf/automake ? Any ideas or thoughts on how to get around
6 > this would be appreciated.
7 >
8 > Thanks!
9
10 I think you can configure & make m4 without requiring autotool stuff. I
11 think the prefix portage version triggers a regen (not intentionally)
12 because the m4-1.4.8-darwin7.patch touches configure.ac.
13
14 So maybe you could bootstrap m4, try emerging the autotools, then
15 emerging m4. Or perhaps you could disable the m4-1.4.8-darwin7.patch
16 patch in the m4 ebuild?
19 Matt.
20 --
21 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list