From: Hugo Venturini <hugo.venturini@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] problem with sys-apps/acl and sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:21:41
1 2008/4/16, Bacchella Fabrice <fabrice.bacchella@×××××××.com>:
2 > In usr/portage/sys-apps/coreutils/coreutils-6.10-r2.ebuild,
3 > it can be found :
4 > RDEPEND="...
5 > acl? ( sys-apps/acl )
6 > ...
7 >
8 > But there is no such package. My svn portage version is 20817.
11 Mine is 20906 and tha acl ebuild cannot be found either.
12 In the prefixed gentoo portage, you have to compile with USE="-acl" ...
13
14 I try an explaination ... might be wrong though ...
15 To install this package would need you to recompile your kernel ...
16 since you install prefixed, it is fair to assume that you don't have
17 the privilege to install a need kernel. Thus giving acl would not make
18 a lot of sense ...
19 But if you know that acl is already install on your distribution and
20 you want your coreutils installation to make use of it, you may
21 specify it like this in the file 'package.provided'
22
23 Fabian, do you confirm or infirm that?
24 --
25 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list