From: Bacchella Fabrice <fabrice.bacchella@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] problem with sys-apps/acl and sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:00:27
1 I'm running Solaris, so I know for sur there is ACL and tools to
2 manage them. So perhaps the solution is a virtual/acl and a package
3 native-acl
6 Le 16 avr. 08 à 16:20, Hugo Venturini a écrit :
7 > 2008/4/16, Bacchella Fabrice <fabrice.bacchella@×××××××.com>:
8 >> In usr/portage/sys-apps/coreutils/coreutils-6.10-r2.ebuild,
9 >> it can be found :
10 >> RDEPEND="...
11 >> acl? ( sys-apps/acl )
12 >> ...
13 >>
14 >> But there is no such package. My svn portage version is 20817.
17 > Mine is 20906 and tha acl ebuild cannot be found either.
18 > In the prefixed gentoo portage, you have to compile with USE="-
19 > acl" ...
20 >
21 > I try an explaination ... might be wrong though ...
22 > To install this package would need you to recompile your kernel ...
23 > since you install prefixed, it is fair to assume that you don't have
24 > the privilege to install a need kernel. Thus giving acl would not make
25 > a lot of sense ...
26 > But if you know that acl is already install on your distribution and
27 > you want your coreutils installation to make use of it, you may
28 > specify it like this in the file 'package.provided'
29 >
30 > Fabian, do you confirm or infirm that?
31 > --
32 > gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list
36 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list