From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] Cross EPREFIX portage
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 15:03:35
2 > Thanks for all the work guys!
3 >
4 > However, for a jumbo patch like this, I find the "documentation" quite
5 > limited. I admit I stopped reading after a page or 3, since it started
6 > to get too scary to think of just applying it. I certainly need more
7 > talking on this, and given the huge size, I'd even opt for seeing if we
8 > can push stuff directly to trunk, such that I don't have to shadow
9 > maintain it.
10
11 Attached is (for those interested) a small doc I wrote up. The patch is checked-in (conditional with a USE flag...).
12
13 As for integrating parts of it into main: one _could_ change the patch, so that a more generic ROOTobject class is introduced, which then could be extended in the prefix branch to contain the prefix too. However this would be quite some work on both main-trunk and prefix-trunk...
14
15 Cheers, Markus