From: Sam Pfeiffer <sammypfeiffer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Using Gentoo Prefix to support a more recent version of Eclipse?
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 12:44:11
1 Hello Rabbe,
2
3 This is unrelated to Prefix (unfortunately) but you could run the version
4 of Eclipse you want inside of Docker if your system has Docker available.
5 You'll need to look for some links on how to run X applications inside of
6 Docker, but it shouldn't be too hard.
7
8 I do so frequently to use old unsupported things and also test some bits of
9 SW in different versions of Ubuntu (namely ROS versions).
10
11 Feel free to send me an email if you need any help with this approach.