From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: [PREFIX] bumped baselayout-prefix, "Stacked Prefix" with prefix-toolkit
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 17:22:24
1 On 3/25/19 5:29 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 25-03-2019 16:52:56 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
3 >> Another heads up:
4 >>
5 >> I've rebased baselayout-prefix onto baselayout-2.6, with the prefix
6 >> patches designed for submission into baselayout, to get rid of
7 >> distinct baselayout-prefix at some point, let's see how that works.
8 >>
9 >> Also, there is the new app-portage/prefix-toolkit package, providing:
10 >> * /startprefix now (overrides the one created during bootstrap),
11 >> to get that one updateable, as well as
12 >> * prefix-stack-setup script as entry point to the "Stacked Prefix"
13 >> world (although without any further documentation yet).
14 >>
15 >> Instead of just creating /startprefix, at some time we may want to
16 >> have bootstrap-prefix.sh emerge prefix-toolkit eventually.
17 >
18 > I'd prefer "now" over "eventually". If necessary, we can add it to @world
19 > on prefix, or just have it be emerged like the shell before it creates
20 > startprefix.
21
22 Ok then. Still need manual creation as fallback, as prefix-toolkit is not
23 part of current tree tarball yet.
24 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/proj/prefix.git/commit/?id=032ef433319e81ca59fd4e064059fab3dc11bada
25
26 Thanks!