From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] bumped baselayout-prefix, "Stacked Prefix" with prefix-toolkit
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 16:29:15
1 On 25-03-2019 16:52:56 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > Another heads up:
3 >
4 > I've rebased baselayout-prefix onto baselayout-2.6, with the prefix
5 > patches designed for submission into baselayout, to get rid of
6 > distinct baselayout-prefix at some point, let's see how that works.
7 >
8 > Also, there is the new app-portage/prefix-toolkit package, providing:
9 > * /startprefix now (overrides the one created during bootstrap),
10 > to get that one updateable, as well as
11 > * prefix-stack-setup script as entry point to the "Stacked Prefix"
12 > world (although without any further documentation yet).
13 >
14 > Instead of just creating /startprefix, at some time we may want to
15 > have bootstrap-prefix.sh emerge prefix-toolkit eventually.
16
17 I'd prefer "now" over "eventually". If necessary, we can add it to @world
18 on prefix, or just have it be emerged like the shell before it creates
19 startprefix.
20
21 Thanks!
22 Fabian