From: mattmatteh@×××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] ongoing tree changes
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:15:35
1 i was thinking to use the main gentoo tree as the default for syncing, and
2 until the merge is complete use layman to prefix tree
3
4 matt
5
6 On Sat, 26 Sep 2009, Fabian Groffen wrote:
7
8 > Hey all,
9 >
10 > darkside and I just implemented the next step for us Prefix devs to get
11 > closer to mainline Gentoo. From now on, we can "move" packages from the
12 > Prefix tree to gentoo-x86 and remove them from the Prefix tree. This
13 > means they only live in gentoo-x86, and are automatically copied into
14 > the rsync snapshot. For developers this means the Prefix svn tree no
15 > longer contains all ebuilds. We will have to overlay either a CVS
16 > checkout of gentoo-x86, or an rsync checkout of the Prefix tree to get
17 > all goodies.
20 > --
21 > Fabian Groffen
22 > Gentoo on a different level