From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] ongoing tree changes
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 03:49:40
1 mattmatteh@×××.com wrote:
2 > i was thinking to use the main gentoo tree as the default for syncing,
3 > and until the merge is complete use layman to prefix tree
4
5 Eventually... doesn't make much sense now when only 5 packages are in
6 gentoo-x86[1]. Besides, we have rsync which provides metadata and makes
7 your emerge calculations faster! In short, this is more seemless and
8 doesn't require a process change for users.
9 -Jeremy
10
11 [1]:
12 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/whitelist.txt