From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] linkage of libiconv on mac os x
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:57:01
1 On 27-03-2008 18:46:02 +0100, Michael Weiser wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I noticed that quite a number of binaries and libraries in my prefix
5 > installation are linked against /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib as well as
6 > ${EPREFIX}/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib. My system is Mac OS X 10.5.2.
7 >
8 > The cause seems obvious: If some package doesn't add
9 > -I${EPREFIX}/usr/include and -L${EPREFIX}/usr/lib to its CFLAGS and
10 > LDFLAGS, it will link against the system's libiconv. If this package
11 > happens to be a library like glib, it pulls it into all the binaries
12 > that link against it.
13
14 This is exactly the reason we are using wrappers that inject those
15 flags. If gcc and ld aren't first in your default search-path, things
16 will get difficult.
19 > This hasn't caused any problems thus far but I'm wondering if this is
20 > known behaviour or a bug in my setup.
24 Fabian Groffen
25 Gentoo on a different level
26 --
27 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list