From: Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] x64-macos and profiles
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:50:34
1 On 12 Jan 2010, at 04:20, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 > On 11-01-2010 23:20:57 -0600, Johan Hattne wrote:
4 >> I just installed snow leopard on my MacBook Pro and wanted to give the whole 64-bit thing a spin. Oddly enough I could only access 32-bit macos profiles. Also, the mask on ">=sys-apps/portage-2.2_pre" (defined in profiles/package.mask, but overridden in profiles/prefix/package.mask?) is in effect, so I've got the sneaky suspicion I've missed something obvious to everyone but me. Question is what?
5 >
6 > You'll have to explain a bit what you did. Did you try to switch, did
7 > you rebootstrap? Do you use multiple trees?
8
9 I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard, set CHOST to x86_64-apple-darwin10 in etc/make.conf, upgraded Xcode and used that to emerge new gcc-apple and binutils-apple into place, and then did an "emerge --emptytree system". So, no, I did not rebootstrap.
10
11 I'm also using the svn prefix overlay. That one still had the full licenses and profiles directories in it. Removing the profiles directory took care of the portage package mask from above.
12
13 The problem with "invisible" 64 bit profiles went away after reemerging all the eselect stuff (but I still don't understand why "arch=$(arch)" gives x64-macos in the profile.eselect module, while "arch" on the command line gives i386)?
14
15 I'll now find some lint to stuff the still-smoking bullet holes in my feet.
16
17 // Cheers; Johan