From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] disabling Python-2 by default?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 02:28:54
1 Dear Fabian,
2
3 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> writes:
4
5 > Now we're using python-3 to bootstrap in stage1 (this has still some
6 > issues on some platforms, but I'm assuming we can fix those), I've been
7 > wondering myself whether we should disable python-2 by default in
8 > Prefix. It would reduce some compilation time and files/disk footprint.
9 >
10 > Opinions, thoughts, ideas on disabling python-2 by default?
11 >
12 > (Obviously, people can enable and install python-2 after bootstrap,
13 > there's no plans to remove the ebuild from the tree at this time.)
14
15 I agree with you. We only need bootstrap to produce a minimal system
16 for people to start with. If anything could be gotten rid of to make
17 bootstrap simpler, it should happen.
18
19 Yours,
20 Benda