From: Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] disabling Python-2 by default?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 05:55:48
1 Hi all,
2
3 On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 10:28:47AM +0800, Benda Xu wrote:
4 > Dear Fabian,
5 >
6 > Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> writes:
7 >
8 > > Now we're using python-3 to bootstrap in stage1 (this has still some
9 > > issues on some platforms, but I'm assuming we can fix those), I've been
10 > > wondering myself whether we should disable python-2 by default in
11 > > Prefix. It would reduce some compilation time and files/disk footprint.
12 > >
13 > > Opinions, thoughts, ideas on disabling python-2 by default?
14 > >
15 > > (Obviously, people can enable and install python-2 after bootstrap,
16 > > there's no plans to remove the ebuild from the tree at this time.)
17 >
18 > I agree with you. We only need bootstrap to produce a minimal system
19 > for people to start with. If anything could be gotten rid of to make
20 > bootstrap simpler, it should happen.
21
22 +1
23
24 -Guilherme