From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] Portage preserve-libs
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:26:48
2 > On 04-11-2008 13:55:40 +0100, Markus Duft wrote:
3 > > Hey!
4 > >
5 [snip]
6 >
7 > Does scanelf work for you. If not, you/we'll have to create a scancoff
8 > (or something), or use a natively available approach like we did for
9 > Darwin for a long time, to create NEEDED files in the VDB. Based on
10 > how
11 > it works (ELF like or not) we then have to hack Portage, or just use
12 > the
13 > ELF code (assuming COFF is nowhere like Mach-O).
14
15 Hmm... sounds like fun... i guess I will put myself to work on this ;) scanelf doesn't work (of course). I can use objdump for interix, but I'll have to work out something completely different for winnt. Maybe I'll have to bring something with parity, since he has the capability to find out what we need to know.
16
17 Maybe a little helper function in portage will do, that translates the output of the corresponding tools to something that looks like scanelf?
18
19 Cheers, Markus
23 > --
24 > Fabian Groffen