From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Portage preserve-libs
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:33:11
1 On 04-11-2008 13:55:40 +0100, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > Hey!
3 >
4 > I just was reading up on Bug 244599 about revdep-rebuild. I while ago I made
5 > revdep-rebuild work with COFF binaries on interix. I wonder If I need to
6 > touch something in portage to make preserve libs work with interix and winnt
7 > (!) ? if yes, could somebody give me a hint on where to start?
8
9 Does scanelf work for you. If not, you/we'll have to create a scancoff
10 (or something), or use a natively available approach like we did for
11 Darwin for a long time, to create NEEDED files in the VDB. Based on how
12 it works (ELF like or not) we then have to hack Portage, or just use the
13 ELF code (assuming COFF is nowhere like Mach-O).
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo on a different level