From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Binary-only distributions on linux
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 07:59:52
1 On 22-04-2010 20:55:58 -0500, Johan Hattne wrote:
2 > As far as I can see, setting the rpath is one way to solve the problem,
3 > and I've been toying around with patchelf to accomplish that (chrpath
4 > won't work, because it doesn't allow rpaths to grow). To my mind, the
5
6 I'd like to add it to the tree when I've got time to make an ebuild for
7 it.
8
9 > process is conceptually similar to the "shebang prefixing" that happens
10 > for shell scripts, so I'm wondering whether it would make sense to
11 > implement it in a similar fashion, e.g.
12 >
13 > for each ELF file {
14 > prepend ${EPREFIX} to each rpath element
15 > prepend ${EPREFIX}/lib:${EPREFIX}/usr/lib to rpath
16 > }
17 >
18 > somewhere in portage. At least this allowed me to use icc to compile a
19 > 32 bit helloworld using an x86-prefix on both x86 and amd64.
20
21 Do you have an idea how to automagically select the correct ELF files?
22 Most already contain the required paths of course. I don't quickly see
23 how we can pick the right ones out there to "fix", but perhaps that's
24 possible. Otherwise, maybe a function in prefix.eclass that does the
25 job somehow?
29 Fabian Groffen
30 Gentoo on a different level