From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] The lost case of OpenBSD
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:04:58
1 On 19-03-2008 13:01:39 +0100, Duft Markus wrote:
2 > >> Arg, forgot something: at the stage mirrorconfig (when
3 > >> eprefix-launcher stops for the first time) you will want to svn up
4 > >> the prefix tree. I know at that time there is no svn client
5 > >> compiled, but you can use tortoise svn for windows for example.
6 > >
7 > > I selected NFS support in the SFU installer, so I hope that it also
8 > > reasonably works, such that I can work over NFS with my dev-tree.
9 >
10 > Wow, i never tried NFS with interix, but i think it should work (they
11 > dropped support for it inlater version though i think :)).
12
13 urks :(
14
15 > > (But this idea may be a bit too much to ask for Windows...)
16 >
17 > Maybe, yes :)
18 >
19 > I just had another problem. Prefix-launcher uses "-strict digest", which
20 > means that it creates manifests with the 2.4 python, which again are
21 > b0rked then, so i again had to delete all Manifest files from the prefix
22 > tree after the final python 2.5 was used... What a mess. Could it be,
23 > that portage isn't listening to -strict anymore for Manifest
24 > verification?
25
26 Why don't we upgrade to python 2.5 in the prefix-launcher? I did the
27 same in bootstrap-prefix recently, as the prefix tree only contains
28 python 2.5 as well.
32 Fabian Groffen
33 Gentoo on a different level
34 --