From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: "Martin MOKREJŠ" <mmokrejs@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Gentoo::RAP
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 23:59:34
1 Hi Martin,
2
3 Martin MOKREJŠ <mmokrejs@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > the script https://dev.gentoo.org/~heroxbd/bootstrap-rap.sh should
6 > contain some documentation pointing to main resources about
7 > Gentoo::RAP.
8 >
9 > I need to re-install one Gentoo::RAP instance and I am failing to find the proper website back!
10 >
11 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android is not the page I am looking for if installing on amd64.
12 >
13 > Maybe https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc used to be the page which I even edited in the past?
14 >
15 > The page https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Prefix has no link to Gentoo::RAP either.
16 >
17 > Yeah, now at least I know I am looking for bootstrap-rap.sh filename
18 > I found the page I was looking for (but on another domain?):
19 > https://www.linuxsecrets.com/gentoo-wiki/wiki/Prefix/libc.html
20 >
21 > Please bring the page back to normal life, a link to it from
22 > Gentoo::Prefix.
23
24 No worries. As said in the previous announcement[1], now RAP is the
25 default of Gentoo Prefix for all the targets with Linux kernels.
26
27 https://dev.gentoo.org/~heroxbd/bootstrap-rap.sh is exactly the same as
28 bootstrap-prefix.sh and only kept for reference.
29
30 The default Prefix will suit your needs. That's why Prefix/libc page is
31 redirected to Project:Prefix.
32
33 Yours,
34 Benda