From: zAfi <nietonfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:06:37
Well, I like the idea as well, especially what Dirk suggested as this
would fit very well in the whole prefix approach and wouldn't require
that much patches imho. ;)

For your mysqld autostartup, simply create a com.mysql.mysqld.plist
file at /Library/LaunchDaemons with the following content (change to
your needs):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
<plist version="1.0">

chmod 644 and chown root:wheel
Kudos to macports...

Another way would be to drop mysqld_safe into your autostart objects
in your system preferences...

2009/4/28 Alexander Kellett <a@×××××××.net>:
> sorry for the lame contentless reply... hope positive feedback is welcome. > > i like this idea specifically a lot, and in general the addition of > start scripts (currently i'm just starting mysqld on the command line > each time i reset my mac, which is quite frustrating). > > launchd is very blackboxish to me, while i know gentoo start up > scripts well. maybe a hybrid approach could be found without too much > code dup that is ideal for either?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Launchd plists, anyone? Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>