From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix-portage as root
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:54:20
1 On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:40:57PM +0100, Michael Weiser wrote:
2
3 > I think, I'll give this one a go: http://www.macpronews.com/2008/0117.html.
4 > This should be implementable as a FEATURES="sandbox-macos"
5
6 This is nice! Using the attached proof-of-concept profile for
7 sandbox-exec, I can completely confine emerge to $EPREFIX and some
8 temporary directories. The actual call looks like this:
9
10 sandbox-exec -f prefixtest.sb emerge prefixtest
11
12 With my $EPREFIX being /Users/michael/bin/gentoo my intentionally broken
13 test ebuild correctly reported:
14
15 mkdir: cannot create directory `/Users/michael/bin/gentoo-broken':
16 Permission denied
17
18 although /Users/michael ist writable by me. I also did a quick test that
19 sandbox also works when run by root.
20
21 I guess, the next step would be to wrap src_build() and src_install()
22 into a sandbox that can't leave $EPREFIX/var/tmp/portage.
23
24 Can you give me some pointers where to look for the hooks?
25 --
26 Cheers, Michael

prefixtest.sb text/plain