From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] You too? youtoo!
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 02:40:12
1 Hello,
2
3 On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:11:00 +0200, Elmar Hinz
4 <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > To come a step forward with to my target I come up with this idea for
6 > the Prefix team. Get the vision is already in everybodies head.
7
8 To come a step forward, I would highly suggest that you actually try
9 out Gentoo Prefix in the current form. After you have this pre-req
10 experience THEN see if your idea applies. To be blunt, you don't have to
11 "come up with an idea" for the Prefix team, you have to implement your
12 idea using the tools the Prefix team provides.
13
14 > How big do you estimate the timely requirements to get a prove of concept?
15
16 For a single platform, not too long (I [inspired by others] made a
17 script that builds a prefix on linux every night). Again, you need
18 experience with the project first.
19
20 -Jeremy