From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] ssh in AIX
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:45:32
2 > Thank you very much. I have ssh'ed into another box. That's half the
3 > battle. Now for the important part...ssh'ing in. I really, really,
4 > really don't like using telnet, especially since I'm using it while
5 > connecting remotely through another box. It's through an ssh tunnel,
6 > but still...
7 >
8 > Anyways, this is what I get when I try to start the daemon.
11 > $ ~/gentoo/etc/init.d/sshd restart
12 > bash: /home/greg/gentoo/etc/init.d/sshd: /sbin/runscript: bad
13 > interpreter: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
14
15 Thats because services aren't supported (yet) in prefix. I stumbled over this one too a while ago. There is no other option that doing things manually (generating keys, and starting daemon).
16
17 You can lookup how the keys are generated in the init.d/sshd, that’s where I took it from (just use EPREFIX/ paths everywhere...). after that just run EPREFIX/usr/sbin/sshd (maybe as root, I don't know if it works a user...?) and that’s it...
18
19 Personally I wrote my own init.d scripts for my system which starts the sshd (which was work of about 2 minutes...).
20
21 Cheers, Markus
25 > Otherwise, it's great to be in familiar territory, using Gentoo. All
26 > the hard work you all are putting into this is greatly appreciated. It
27 > can't be easy to get all this working and for so many different archs.
30 > Greg Trigg
31 > Jacksonville, AR
32 >
33 > --