From: Greg Trigg <trigggl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] ssh in AIX
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:51:48
1 Markus Duft wrote:
2 >
3 > Thats because services aren't supported (yet) in prefix. I stumbled over this one too a while ago. There is no other option that doing things manually (generating keys, and starting daemon).
4 >
5 > You can lookup how the keys are generated in the init.d/sshd, that’s where I took it from (just use EPREFIX/ paths everywhere...). after that just run EPREFIX/usr/sbin/sshd (maybe as root, I don't know if it works a user...?) and that’s it...
6 >
7 > Personally I wrote my own init.d scripts for my system which starts the sshd (which was work of about 2 minutes...).
10 Well, after a lot of tinkering, I did manage to get the sshd server
11 started as root. Also, I can ssh into it as root. For some strange
12 reason it won't allow me to ssh in as a user. When I try, I get a
13 "permission denied" message after I type in my passwd.
14
15 This is probably more of an AIX thing than a Prefix thing, but I was
16 wondering if anyone would know what would cause this?
19 Greg Trigg
20 Jacksonville, AR
21 --
22 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list