From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Performing Global Updates message
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:37:03
1 On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:27:07 +0100, Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote:
3 > Everytime I do an emerge --sync I get the "Performing Global Updates"
4 > message before it even starts to sync now, and it's only started
5 > happening in the last few portage versions (can't remember which one
6 > started it).
7 >
8 > It performs the same updates everytime, even simple emerge's for new
9 > packages too....
10 >
11 > Why would this be happening ?
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 >
15 > Alan.
16
17 Does it happen even if you do not issue a --sync between? AFAIK, if the
18 mtime of the updates file in the profile dir changes then portage will
19 preform updates. So, naturally, if gentoo devs are modifying this file
20 everytime between your --sync time then this is proper. ;)
21
22 -Jeremy