From: Rabbe Fogelholm <rabbe@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Mock up Linux bootstrap guide
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:13:29
1 I decided to make a first shot in an up-to-date Gentoo Linux
2 environment; there couldn't be a friendlier environment could it? :-)
3
4 Things went fine up to the `emerge --oneshot gawk' step, where I got this:
5
6 ------------------------------------------
7 Traceback (most recent call last):
8 File "/var/tmp/gentoo/usr/bin/emerge", line 12, in ?
9 from emerge import *
10 File "/var/tmp/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/emerge/__init__.py", line
11 34, in ?
12 from portage.const import NEWS_LIB_PATH, CACHE_PATH, PRIVATE_PATH
13 ImportError: No module named const
14 ------------------------------------------
15
16 It seems that the preceding step, which emerges portage, has some
17 problem even though it finishes with a zero status.
18
19 --Rabbe Fogelholm
22 rabbe@×××××××.se wrote:
23 > What a great initiative! At work I am using enterprise SUSE and Red Hat
24 > machines that suffer from lack of Gentoo. I'll see if I can get Prefix
25 > Gentoo up on any of them.
26 >
27 > Rabbe Fogelholm, Sollentuna, Sweden
30 >> Hi all,
31 >>
32 >> Without internet I have to change my focus of development, as not
33 >> everything is possible at the moment ;)
34 >>
35 >> I quickly wrote an initial version of a Linux bootstrap guide. It isn't
36 >> linked on the web yet, as I first would like to see some feedback on it.
37 >> I haven't tested it yet myself either.
38 >>
39 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-linux.xml
40 >>
41 >> The link will become available later, for now it's still 404
42 >>
43 >> --
44 >> Fabian Groffen
45 >> Gentoo on a different level