From: Christoph Junghans <ottxor@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix on a Gentoo host: sharing the Portage tree
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 21:07:17
1 2012/7/23 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>:
2 > On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM, W. Trevor King <wking@×××××××.us> wrote:
3 >> I'm interested in running Prefix on a Gentoo host, and I wanted to use
4 >> the Portage tree from the host instead of installing a duplicate.
5 >> This seems reasonable, but bootstrapping fails with:
6 >
7 > It is a different tree, you can't share it with Gentoo Linux.
8 Can you give us some motivating number how many packages still need to
9 be back-ported to gx86?
10
11 Christoph
12 >
13 > It is also worthwhile to note that the bootstrapping process WRITES to
14 > the tree location, thus your permission denied errors.
15 >
16 > -Jeremy
22 Christoph Junghans
23 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ottxor/